Wednesday, July 11, 2007

PETCO Manager Refuses to Help Dog Left in hot car in their Parkinglot!!

On July 11, 2007, the PETCO store manager at 249/SpringCypress location refused to get involved when it was reported that a white shepherd/mix puppy (9 months) had been left inside a white Cherokee Jeep by one of Petcos's cuctomers who was shopping inside the store. All the windows on the jeep were sealed shut. It's it HOT in Houton, Texas right now!!!! 100 + heat index!! "Molly", as we came to know her, stood, then sat, then layed down, panting very rapidly. We asked the first PETCO employee we saw for help. She went inside to speak with the manager and we did our shopping. 15 inutes later, as "Molly was still in the hot car and we were told the manager said "there was nothing they could do--whenever they bring it up to the cusomer the customers get mad". SO WHAT PETCO MANAGER!!?? FEARful of losing a little money???? This is the height of animal cruelty from a company that clams to love animals. 20 minutes passed from the time we saw the dog in the jeep and the time I personally went back inside PETCO and went up and down the isles and found the owner. It was a little old lady, who's daughter was IGNORANT and didn't think it would hurt the dog if she left her for just a few minutes. IT ONLY TAKES A COUPLE OF MINUTES FOR IT TO BECOME 150+ DEGREES INSIDE ! I can forgive the ignorant pet owner--but PETCO MANAGER! You should be fired. You never even came out to check and see if the dog was OK!!! All in the name of making a customer mad???? Come on!!

2 comments:

blushing rose said...

Whoa! I agree ...

Would you do me a favor ... I see you are a follower & there is something wrong with my blog. Would you go register as a follower under THIS link & then apprise me when you do ... TYSM. For some reason I have 2 blogs & I don't want 2 blogs & the one you ar registered on is the one I don't/didn't want. TTFN~Marydon

http://blushingroseboutique.blogspot.com/

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh my goodness. This makes me want to boycott Petco forever! I hope the dog was okay?